Get the Feel of Wilderness Camping, Without Leaving the Amenities Behind
Anasazi Cabin Overview
The cabin includes a completely equipped and carpeted kitchen, living room, two king size beds. The dining room area is under a 20x30 foot roof. The cabin has potable cold running spring water, table, chairs, cooking stove, refrigerator, pots, pans, etc.
Anasazi Cabin Amenities
Nestled under the shade of three picturesque pine trees, Anasazi is surrounded by red sand stone cliffs that soar 1,700 feet above the canyon floor.
- A hot water shower, shampoo, conditioner, soap.
- All water is from a pure potable fresh-water spring.
- Refrigerator / freezer
- 1,000 gallon stock tank fed continuously with flowing cool spring water.
- Solar powered lighting.
- Propane patio heater.
- The kitchen is fully equipped, including salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and herbs.
- Two coffee makers: pour-over and percolator with coffee filters, coffee provided.
- Linen, including sheets, duvet, blankets, pillows with cases, wash cloths, bath and beach towels.
- Eggs and produce from our organic garden when available.
- Internet WiFi is available at the camp, for email only.
- Tether ball; teeter-totter; monkey bars, hamock, horse shoes, washer toss game, jig puzzles, jump rope.
The Gallina people occupied the canyon from approximately 1050 to 1300 and are named after Rio Gallina.
Kayaks, water trampoline, Slither The Loch Gallina Monster, boogie boards, sand box with toys and a wisteria arbor.
1. Liability Waiver
We require a signed waiver from each person when you arrive.
2. Frying Foods
Please use the BBQ for cooking greasy foods.
Fires and smoking are prohibited in the canyon due to the extreme fire risk.
Please let us know before you arrive that you are bringing a dog.
5. Dogs Welcomed
Dogs are welcome at Anasazi Cabin and also the community swim pond when on a leash. Due to the possible allergies of future guests, dogs are not allowed in the camper.
6. No hunting
We do not allow hunting in the canyon.
7. Check in/out
Check-in time is from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Check-out time is 11 AM.
There will be no additional charge for extra nights in case heavy rain prevents you from leaving after your paid-for nights.
- You are welcome to bring a swim suit, picnic lunch, and spend the day relaxing at the community pond. We provide beach towels.
- Prior to your arrival you will wish to shop for all of your food, drink, and snacks for your entire stay. The nearest store is 35 miles away.
- Four-wheel drive vehicles are not necessary; low clearance vehicles are not recommended (i.e., Mini Cooper).
- Please leave all gates as you find them.
- Radios and cellular telephones do not work in the canyon.
- The camp site is a zero impact area. It is important to us that you use the existing cow trails when hiking.
- We suggest that you bring head lamps if you want to read at night.