Enjoy Unprecedented Views and Wilderness Access at Our Cabin Called Remote Casita
Remote Casita Overview
Remote Casita includes one large room with kitchen, dining area, and queen size bed. There is a large covered porch with two twin beds, BBQ, table, chairs.
Remote Casita Amenities
Remote Casita has been equipped with many items to make your stay comfortable.
- A large covered porch with two twin beds, BBQ, table, chairs.
- Bed linen; bath towels; pillows; comfortors; two sleeping bags.
- We provide fresh drinking water from our spring: two 5-gallon containers. There is also rain water in the 1,600 gallon cistern.
- The kitchen contains salt, pepper, sugar, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tea, and various seasonings.
- Prior to your arrival you will wish to shop for all of your food, drink, and snacks.
- We have provided emergency-only food for guests who cannot leave on their departure date due to inclement weather.
- A three-burner propane stove.
- A medium size refrigerator - freezer that makes ice.
- Dish soap and paper towels.
- Pour-over coffee maker with paper filters, coffee provided.
- Odor-free liquid paraffin lamp.
- A 4-gallon solar shower bag, with bath soap, shampoo, and conditioner.
- An outhouse, with toilet paper.
- When available, we will provide eggs from our hens and produce from our garden.
- Technology-free vacation.
1. Liability Waiver
We require a signed waiver from each person when you arrive.
2. Frying Foods
Do not use inside stove for frying food; use outside stove only with provided cast iron skillet.
Fires and smoking are prohibited in the canyon due to the extreme fire risk.
Dogs are welcome at Remote Casita. Sleeping pads and bowls for dogs are supplied.
5. No hunting.
We do not allow hunting in the canyon.
6. Check in/out
Check-in time is from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Check-out time is 11 AM.
There will be no additional charge for extra nights in case heavy rain prevents you from leaving after your paid-for nights.
Due to the 14 crossings of Rio Gallina required to get to Remote Casita, we take all visitors regardless of what type of vehicle they have, and their provisions in our truck. We will return you to the main ranch and your vehicle at the end of your stay.
9. Extra Trip
There is a $50 charge for any additional trip to Remote Casita other than taking you in and picking you up.
10. Prior Notice
Dogs are not allowed on the beds. Please let us know before you arrive that you are bringing a dog.
- You might wish to bring water shoes. Rio Gallina is spring-fed and offers many locations for picnicking. The river is seasonal, with dry spots and wet spots throughout the canyon. Rio Gallina occasionally experiences flash flooding which can make the cabin isolated for a few days; in such a case, STAY AT THE CABIN and when travel is safe we will come get you.
- There is a cattle trail that climbs 1,500 feet up to 8,000 foot Golondrino Mesa; this all-day hike is the trail that we use to move our cattle herd to their summer home. This hike is recommended only for experienced hikers. There is a laminated topographic map of the canyon at the Casita.
- You may wish to bring slippers to wear inside Remote Casita, as the floor is tiled. We suggest that you bring head lamps if you want to read at night.